Schedules, Fees, & Policies
Inclusive, supportive Dance Education
KIDS & TEEN CLASSES
We offer both Annual and Sessional Programs. For information on our Annual Classes, see the information below. For information on our Sessional Classes, view our Sessional Classes page.
Our SChool Year
Our school year runs from September to the beginning of June with Teen, PreIntermediate, Intermediate & Senior levels continuing until the end of June. There are no classes Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Family Day, Teachers’ Convention, Good Friday or Victoria Day holiday weekends. We also take a two-week break during the winter Holiday season and a one-week Spring break during the year.
Generally, classes run:
4:15 - 8:30PM
3:00 - 6:30PM
9:15am - 2:30PM
OUR ANNUAL CLASSES
Our programs are divided into 3 divisions:
Division 1 – WeeBop, PrePrimary, Combo and Primary levels (ages 3-8). These classes run September-May (inclusive) with a year-end performance on the first weekend of June.
Division 2 – All Junior levels (ages 7-11). These classes run September-May (inclusive) with a year-end performance on the first weekend of June.
Division 3 – For PreIntermediate, Intermediate, Senior and Teen levels (ages 11+). These classes run September-June (inclusive) with a year-end performance on the last weekend of June.
Check out our “EVENTS & CALENDAR” page for Special Events and Workshop!
All Inclusive Tuition Pricing
Full-year tuition is calculated based on the number of times that classes meet throughout the year, and therefore varies depending on the day of the week that the class takes place. Discounts are offered for dancers taking multiple classes a week.
a) YEAR IN FULL: Payment in full for the year at the time of registration.
b) HALF PAYMENT: Two payments for the year. The first payment is payable at the time of registration. The second payment is due November 1st by credit card preauthorization.
c) SPLIT PAYMENTS: The first payment is non-refundable, includes 40% of the full year fees and is payable at the time of registration. The remaining 60% of fees will be split equally between six payments and processed on the 1st of the month from October-March by credit card preauthorization.
ADDITIONAL COST CONSIDERATIONS – Dependent on the dance program, you may incur additional costs during the year for costumes, tickets, and merchandise such as photos and clothing.
CHANGE FEES — Once a student has been registered and a confirmation has been emailed, a $36.75 (GST included) administration fee will apply to all class change requests.
LATE FEES FOR PAYMENT PLANS — If payment cannot be processed on the due date, a late fee of $36.75 (GST included) will be added to the balance after 2 business days.
CREDIT CARD CONVENIENCE FEES — A 3% Convenience Fee will be charged on all credit card transactions. We also accept Debit and Cash payment, which must be handled in-person at our office.
FULL-YEAR PROGRAM WITHDRAWAL/CANCELLATION POLICY
Please be aware that when you register for a class, you are purchasing a place in that class for the entirety of the school year.
In the event of withdrawal:
FROM PROGRAM START DATE UNTIL OCTOBER 31:
- The effective date of withdrawal will be the date written notice is received in our office. Tuition will be charged up to and including that date.
- In addition, a fee of $175 will be charged for each withdrawn class. In the case of classes which occur twice weekly, one fee will be charged.
- The balance of fees will be refunded within 2 weeks of the date written withdrawal notice was received.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1:
No refunds will be considered for withdrawal as of November 1.
PHOTO & SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Free House Dance Plus uses photos and videos for promotional purposes only. For the safety of our dancers and their families, great care is taken in selecting appropriate images. Names of students will not be used or disclosed. We endeavour to follow FOIP (Freedom of Information & Privacy) protocols and yet still share our love of this art form. NOTE: If you chose not to accept our photo policy, your child will not be included in our Year End Show photos.
Registration in Jazz, Modern, Ballet, and Tap, from Primary through Senior levels, will include a mid-year Evaluation to assess our dancers progression in their technique. Students registered in any of these genres are expected to participate in the Evaluations. Exceptions are limited only to documented medical reasons.
ATTENDANCE AND DRESS CODE
For greatest success in our programs it is important for students to attend their class(es) regularly, arrive on time and be dressed appropriately for dance (see our What To Wear page for details).
Free House Dance Plus reserves the right to cancel a program should registration be insufficient. A refund for the balance of classes after the Cancellation will be offered.
CLASS WEATHER CANCELLATION
Free House Dance Plus reserves the right to cancel class without refund or makeup in the case of extreme weather events.